Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cream cheese bon bons

December Challenge: Holiday Treats
Challenger: Tiffany Schriever
Recipe: Cream cheese bonbons (aka Mexican wedding cakes)
This is a family favorite. I have made these cookies every Christmas for probably 10
years. One batch is never enough to satisfy my family and the Bloom family. This year, my gift came early and my nieces helped me bake.
Ingredients & directions:
For starters, 3/4 C Oleo is butter (in case you didn't know like me) and I always use walnuts. Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Roll dough into bit sized balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
Exception to recipe - Bake at 325 for 16-20 min (ovens vary) until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool cookies on cooling rack. I pour some powdered sugar in a zip-lock bag, add 6 or so cookies, seal bag and shake to coat cookies.
chopping walnuts
















dough is ready to be rolled into balls




rolling dough













baked cookies
baked, powdered and ready to eat!


You are going to love these cookies!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted these! I always eat them and NEVER knew what they were! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete